In this episode we review Neill Blomkamp’s Short Circuit tribute, Chappie. We’re joined by a special non-biased guest, Mod-Bot 2020, to keep the conversation from just being Alan’s repeated demands to “burn him to ash” every time I defend Chappie.
Download: Films of the Future 020: Chappie or subscribe on iTunes
Episode 20 Notes
- We previously discussed (and disagreed about) Chappie in “Episode 11: 2015 Year in Review”
- For a little background on why Die Antwoord play themselves in the film check out “Learn How Die Antwoord Ended Up Starring in Neill Blomkamp’s Chappie”
- Short Circuit (1986) featured white dude Fisher Stevens as an Indian man
- Robocop (1987) came out around the same time so people definitely had robots on the mind back then
- Yes, Short Circuit had it’s own song, “Who’s Johnny” by El DeBarge
- Hugh Jackman is Wolverine
- For more of our thought about Fifty Shades of Grey (2015) listen to “Episode 17: Fifty Shades of Grey”
- Chappie opens in the USA on March 6, 2015
Follow Films of the Future on iTunes, Twitter, and Facebook.
How does this poster make you feel?
Chappie Official Teaser