In this episode we review Fifty Shades of Grey and try to deconstruct why it’s a worldwide phenomenon. This inspires us to sing a song about being open minded with your lover and we also share our list of the “actual” 50 shades of grey.
Episode 17 Notes
- Fifty Shades of Grey is directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson based on a crazy-popular series of novels by E.L. James
- Secretary (2002) starring James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal was the #31 most popular film the weekend in opened
- Zeitgeist means “the spirit of the time”
- HBO’s Togetherness (2015–) was created by Jay and Mark Duplass. Mark plays one of the main characters.
- Apparently the first text message was sent on December 3, 1992. It was non-sexual.
- Cruel Intentions (1999) is an adaptation of Les Liaisons dangereuses, written by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos in 1782. It was also adapted as Dangerous Liaisons (1988).
- We reviewed The Boy Next Door (2015) in “Episode 14: The Boy Next Door”
- Fifty Shades of Grey opens in the USA on February 13, 2015
How does this poster make you feel?
Fifty Shades of Grey Official Trailer