This week we review Alex Garland’s Ex Machina starring Alicia Vikander as a sexy robot in a psychological love triangle with Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaac. Ben Vigeant, co-host of The Space Lincoln Star Trek Podcast, joins us on our quest to decide if we are human or are we dancer.
Episode 25 Notes
- We reviewed Chappie (2015) in “Episode 20: Chappie”
- Alan was a guest on the “Space Lincoln 11: Alan’s 95 Beefs” episode of The Space Lincoln Star Trek Podcast and will appear on another that hasn’t been posted yet
- I gave Ex Machina high praise in “Episode 11: 2015 Year in Review”
- Wikipedia has the answers to all of your Leisure Suit Larry questions
- Ants attack in Phase IV (1974)
- EVE was actually the name of the robot that WALL·E (2008) falls in love with
- Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaac will face off in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens (2015)
- Based on The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978) I’m pretty sure there are female Wookiees
- This is Alex Garland’s directorial debut but his film writing credits include: 28 Days Later (2002), Sunshine (2007), Never Let Me Go (2010), and Dredd (2012)
- Ex Machina opens in the USA on April 10, 2015
How does this poster make you feel?
Ex Machina Official Trailer