In this episode we review Focus starring Will Smith and Margot Robbie as sexy con artists. Along the way we ponder the origins of steampunk and explore the complicated dynamics of co-directing films.
Episode 19 Notes
- According to EW, “Will Smith on turning down ‘Django Unchained’: ‘I needed to be the lead'”
- Will Smith played Captain James T. West in Barry Sonnenfeld’s Wild Wild West (1999)
- Listen to our song about healthy communication in a relationship in “Episode 17: Fifty Shades of Grey”
- Ocean’s 11 (1960) was remade as Ocean’s Eleven (2001)
- Focus directors, Glenn Ficarra and John Requa previously directed Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011) and I Love You Phillip Morris (2009) and wrote Bad Santa (2003) and Cats and Dogs (2001) together.
- In a recent interview with Esquire, Will Smith described After Earth (2013) as “the most painful failure in my career.”
- Alan claims that “I Put A Spell On You” and “It’s A Man’s Man’s Man’s World” are the same song
- Focus opens in the USA on February 27, 2015
How does this poster make you feel?
Focus Official Trailer