In this episode we we review The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (2014) and somehow we never once mention Battle Royale (2000). We also respond to a listener email about popcorn and at least one mouth full of butter is discussed.
Download: Films of the Future 006: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 or subscribe on iTunes.
Episode 6 Notes
- This will most likely be the final episode featuring this version of the theme song
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980) featured many Stormtroopers
- “Taking Care of Business in a Flash” was Elvis’ motto
- The term “doublespeak” in usually used in reference to George Orwell’s book, Nineteen Eighty-Four
- According to the publisher, there are more than 65 million copies of the original three books in The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins in print and digital formats in the USA
- Francis Lawrence directed this film as well as The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013) but the first film was directed by Gary Ross
- If you’d like to know more about GGG, Dan Savage has a podcast: Savage Lovecast
- The popcorn story that Corn Fed Girl is referring to was told in “Episode 1: Birdman”
- Hoi polloi actually refers to the masses or the common people
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 opens in the USA on November 21, 2014
Follow Films of the Future on iTunes, Twitter, Facebook and Soundcloud.
How does this poster make you feel?
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 Official Trailer