In this episode we review Kingsman: The Secret Service directed by Matthew Vaughn who is best known as the director of X-Men: First Class (2011) but Alan and I prefer Kick-Ass (2010). Also, I trick Alan into admitting that I’m his best friend.
Download: Films of the Future 016: Kingsman: The Secret Service or subscribe on iTunes
Episode 16 Notes
- Matthew Vaughn directed Daniel Craig in Layer Cake (2004) and yes, Robert De Niro plays Captain Shakespeare in Stardust (2007)
- Samuel L. Jackson’s actual line from Unbreakable is, “Because of the kids. They called me Mr Glass.”
- Mark Gatiss (not Colin Firth) plays Mycroft Holmes in the BBC’s Sherlock (2010–)
- Alan calls Batman Begins (2005) a “brave movie” but I can’t get over how poorly I think the action scenes are edited
- According to 2010 census data, Logan Square was 50.74% Hispanic
- Kingsman: The Secret Service opens in the USA on February 13, 2015
Follow Films of the Future on iTunes, Twitter, and Facebook.
How does this poster make you feel?
Kingsman: The Secret Service Official Trailer
I think the poster may be an homage to James Bond and the “For Your Eyes Only” poster: http://posterwire.com/wp-content/uploads/for_your_eyes_only.jpg
Although I’m not sure why she isn’t holding a martini, shaken, not stirred.