In this episode we review Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies and Alan gets into dangerous spoiler territory based on his knowledge of the Rankin/Bass animated TV movie. Do we participate in this fanciful romp? Listen to find out!
Download: Films of the Future 009: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies or subscribe on iTunes
Episode 9 Notes
- Alan is referencing some discussion of the Jesus Christ Superstar (Original London Concept Recording) from “Episode 8: Exodus: Gods and Kings”
- Rankin/Bass produced an animated version of The Hobbit (1977) for television that told the entire story in 90 minutes
- According to Wikipedia, “Mammon, in the New Testament of the Bible, is material wealth or greed, most often personified as a deity, and sometimes included in the seven princes of Hell.”
- Peter Jackson started making Middle Earth films with The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring which was released on December 19, 2001
- I directed a short film featuring Alan as Spidertooth, “The Chronicles of Feldspar: Mystery Box”
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies actually is being released in HFR 3D
- Please rate and review our podcast on iTunes
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies opens in the USA on December 17, 2014
Follow Films of the Future on iTunes, Twitter, Facebook and Soundcloud.
How does this poster make you feel?
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Official Main Trailer