In this episode we review Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies and Alan gets into dangerous spoiler territory based on his knowledge of the Rankin/Bass animated TV movie. Do we participate in this fanciful romp? Listen to find out!
Download: Films of the Future 009: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies or subscribe on iTunes
Episode 9 Notes
- Alan is referencing some discussion of the Jesus Christ Superstar (Original London Concept Recording) from “Episode 8: Exodus: Gods and Kings”
- Rankin/Bass produced an animated version of The Hobbit (1977) for television that told the entire story in 90 minutes
- According to Wikipedia, “Mammon, in the New Testament of the Bible, is material wealth or greed, most often personified as a deity, and sometimes included in the seven princes of Hell.”
- Peter Jackson started making Middle Earth films with The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring which was released on December 19, 2001
- I directed a short film featuring Alan as Spidertooth, “The Chronicles of Feldspar: Mystery Box”
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies actually is being released in HFR 3D
- Please rate and review our podcast on iTunes
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies opens in the USA on December 17, 2014
How does this poster make you feel?
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Official Main Trailer